Case Consultation Services
The Shaken Baby Alliance offers investigative and legal professionals technical support through our Case Consultation Services.
Legal and other professionals, please contact us to discuss the fee schedule.
Since 2001, we have provided this technical support on over 2,000 cases utilizing our outstanding group of multi-disciplinary professionals from the fields of medicine, law enforcement, law, mental health, education, bio-mechanics, and other fields.
Case Consultation Services are routinely requested by law enforcement, child protection, legal professionals and other child and elder welfare professionals. Due to our extensive collaboration with forensic experts throughout the US and the world, SBA is uniquely positioned to assemble a team of professional experts to work collaboratively on complex cases.
Case Consultation Services may include:
- Case Analysis – Review of medical records and investigative documents – Case Outline developed – Investigation analyzed
- Audio/Video – Reviewed/analyzed – (unofficial) Transcript developed
- Timeline Development – Visual timeline developed after case review
- Identifying forensic experts needed for case
- Trial preparation/strategy
- Development of demonstrative evidence (court exhibits)
- On site trial support
- Other assistance requested by professionals involved in crimes against children, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.
Our MDT team of professionals bring vast knowledge and experience to our Case Consultation Services. As SBA consults on many abuse cases annually, we are in a unique position to compare and contrast the techniques of many agencies, identify new techniques, successful practices, and common challenges faced by the MDT members. Employing this vast body of knowledge, we are able to identify similar cases and use our knowledge of case strengths and weaknesses to assist the professional who contact us seeking technical support.